Sunday, August 9, 2015

Poetry Day: My Muse

Greetings, readers!  Yes, I realize that last month saw no blog post from me, and for that, I apologize.  In fact, things may just get a bit slower from here on out; I've been preparing to go back to college, and that's put a hold on some of my writing.  And actually going back may make it worse.

But I assure you that I will power through it all and find a way to post more content on a semi-regular basis.  And this month, I'll try to get one more blog post up to make up for last month (but seeing as how I start on the 24th, it may prove difficult).

This month, I'll keep things simple and resurrect Poetry Day.  For today, I've decided to post a piece of free verse mixed with alliteration to make a charming structure that I think you might enjoy--with a message that rather fits my writing situation, lately.  I know it's not much, but hopefully, I'll have something more substantial posted before school starts.  Thanks again for your patience, and as always, thank you for your time, and for your eyes.










MY MUSE
My Muse
My merry and melodic messenger of music and motion
Is missing
My Muse made magic in my mind
Much magnanimous magnificence materialized
Missing her mesmerizes me with mystery
Mystic machinations make way for malicious madness
Only my Muse can mollify my mournful melancholy
And mend this maddening maelstrom of misery
With her mellow and mellifluous melody
Maybe my mistrustful melodrama
Made her moderate-minded merriment maligned and menaced?
Or is it my Muse’s mendacious malediction
That melts my mirthful mental milieu?
My missing muse is no mere metaphor
I miss her so much, maybe forevermore
With all my might, I may make amends
And move these morose misgivings from memory
So my Muse can mold her magic melody once more


No comments:

Post a Comment