Saturday, May 10, 2014

Introducing a new segment . . .

Greetings, loyal readers!

It's been awhile, but I'm back!  I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce a new segment to the blog. Before, all I've ever given you good readers are small snippets of my work (poetry, songs, short stories, etc.), but nothing truly concrete when it comes to my abilities as a storyteller, which is really the whole point of this blog. Well, this month, I want to introduce an original serial story I've been working on, and will post one chapter at a time as its own segment.

Presenting, for your reading pleasure, exclusively on the J. A. George Author Blog . . .



Blue Jeans Samurai!



Yes, I know the title sounds silly, but I think its a really great story so far. The premise: many years in the future, the world is a dystopic global military dictatorship, in which only those who have guns, bombs, and military-grade vehicles have social standing and influence. The bigger and better the weapons, the more power you have in the government. This means that those without weapons are relegated to the slums of the world, where they are force to craft archaic melee weapons (swords, axes, bows and arrows, spears, clubs, etc.) and fight for their survival. Living this life is a young man who has mastered the way of the sword, and uses his prodigious skill to liberate his fellow poor from government stormtroopers and make life better for the weak and ill-treated. His parents were killed years ago, and in his quest to find their killers, his struggles to better lives and bring back balance between the rich and the poor grows from his homely neighborhood to bringing down the cruel, tyrannical government once and for all.

As I said last month on Facebook, I will be posting twice this month to make up for not posting in April. Unfortunately, that means that this post counts as the first. But, fear not, good readers. I'm already five chapters into this story, and I'll be hard at work from here on out, shelling out as many as I possibly can. I have about 26 planned so far, so there'll be plenty of action once it gets underway.


Thank you for your time, and for your eyes,



– J. A. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment