Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Poetry Day: No Mistletoe

Here we are, folks!  December 24th, and my promise to provide you with two posts this month has come to pass.  This is a little something I wrote in high school (you can tell); maybe not festive, but a theme is a theme, and no one loves Christmas spirit like I do!

Another meager sample of my wares for the holiday season.  The subject matter may be sad, but I give this to you with a sincerely cheery Merry Christmas and a hearty Happy Holidays!






NO MISTLETOE

When it snows on Christmas Eve
And pretty snowflakes drift and weave
Knowing me, you shall soon see
No mistletoe for me

Christmas spirit there and here
People giving Christmas cheer
There is no smile, no joyous glee
Nor mistletoe for me

I have no one whom I can love
No sweet and pretty little dove
A loving partner is the key
To mistletoe for me

To hold her in my arms awhile
Warmed and brightened by her smile
Love of my life, where is she
Her mistletoe for me

I see her with her smiling face
A welcome to a wondrous place
“Be underneath,” she sends a plea,
“The mistletoe with me”

Beneath the plant, we share a kiss
Sadly though, imagined bliss
For there is, in reality
No mistletoe for me

No comments:

Post a Comment